EDGE 2014 highlights and rewards good practice in innovative library and information projects which:
- Show or sell benefits of library and information services to other sectors, organisations and communities
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Increase participation
The purpose of the awards is to recognise positive achievements and promote outstanding library based initiatives which celebrate the value of libraries.
We don’t want the process to be cumbersome so we are asking for some brief details.
We are looking for cutting-edge innovative projects around developments in the following categories;
There will be 3 awards for innovation (The winners for each category will receive the EDGE 2014 trophy, no financial reward) which will follow the format of the conference.
1. Physical – buildings, layout, targeted spaces.
2. Social – Work involving communities or target groups, engagement or making a difference
3. Digital – Websites, apps, virtual library, digitisation
The awards are open to global applications – Finalists will be offered 2 free places at the Gala Dinner & vastly discounted conference & accommodation rates!
Closing date Friday 31st January 2014
1) Be honest about what you are good at and how you can demonstrate this to the judges.
2) Remember that you must prove to the judges that you are the best organisation that entered the particular award or category in order to win..
3) To impress the judges your entry must stand out. Talk is cheap, the judges will want to see proof of any claims you make about being the best, offering great service, value for money, being innovative etc so be sure to provide that proof.
4) The world is full of great ideas that sound good but didn’t work or make any money in reality. You must demonstrate that your idea/ service has a market, that there is a demand from that market and that it is sustainable.
5) Write in plain English and keep it simple.
Winners of EDGE Awards 2013
The Physical Category, sponsored by The Design Concept:
London Borough of Southwark –
Canada Water Library
The Social Category, sponsored by Capita
Northamptonshire Libraries –
The Virtual/Digital Category, Sponsored by BT Scotland
The Publishers Association & The Reading Agency -
Reading Partners Digital Skills Sharing Project
On behalf of Liz McGettigan, Libraries & Information Manager, City of Edinburgh Counicl and The EDGE Team, many congratulations to our outstanding winners!